Tuesday 17 April 2018

Anything goes - Mini Library

Hello!!!!!!  For this 'Anything Goes' week I am showing you all the mini books from the *Mini Books Mega Pack* that I have made up (except the tall ones which are in another post).  I have also made up the very cute *Mini Book Store* to put them in!  I have kept the book store fairly plain as, for me, the mini books are the stars.


I used different way to decorate the books, just to show you what can be done on something so small!  On the bottom shelf are the larger ones (8x8cm) which have a cleverly designed bendy spine so it comes all in one piece.  I made three of these....

Using a stencil and modelling paste...


Paint and a bit of crackle....

 
Modelling paste again and a bit of crackle....
 
 
The smaller 6x6cm books come in 3 pieces so you need to add a piece around the spine to hold it together.  I have used fabric and lace for these.
 
This one has been run through an embossing folder...
 
 
I only used fabrics for this one...
 



 
Modelling paste through a stencil with a stamped and cut out butterfly...
 
 
This last one was covered with patterned paper and lace and has a wrap round string tie.  Not too sure about this one at all.
 
 
 
I have so many ideas and not enough books in the pack :-D  I must get some more!!!!!
 
No matter which way you decorate these little books have fun and do get the bookcase for them as they all look fabulous in there!!!
 
Take care, Karen xxx

No comments: