Tuesday 13 September 2016

Metallic Door


Hi! Dana here today sharing another door that I created for the Metallic theme this week. I used parts from the Andy Skinner Industrial Elements Set for this piece.


I first treated the chipboard with a layer of DecoArt Carbon Black Media Mist. Next, I applied a layer of DecoArt Crackle Paste that I tinted with DecoArt Primary Cyan Media Mist. I dirtied up the piece with DecoArt English Red Oxide Antiquing Cream and Black Soot Distress Ink. To add a subtle metallic shimmer I highlighted the gears and edges of the door and keyhole, and the front of the door using the Cogs Mini Mask as a guide, with metallic shades of Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder. To accent the keyhole, I added a decorative heart lock. I finished this piece with some rub-ons.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

No comments: