Thursday 4 February 2016

February Colour Theme

Hi guys, I have made a canvas for this weeks colour theme, the inspiration picture made me think of the old buildings, flaking plaster and rustic places,

my canvas is 5inch by 7 inch and i wanted the building to look old and slightly in disrepair,
I added some crewed up masking tape on to the wall area of the building, painted over the top with some of the yellow oxide paint, then removed the tape and it left a lovely texture behind on the canvas,
The roof was a sequin mask stenciled through with mdeling paste onto some water colour paper, when dry i painted on some Paynes grey fluid acrylic, i then cut out a  rough roof shape and layered it on top of the building with 3D foam pads,

I used a few of the grid rectangles as mock stone, these i stippled with some texture paste for a rough look,
The circle frame has some crackle paste painted on,
I also painted the cogs with some crackle paint after first adding some paynes grey on them, for the lighter coloured one I mixed a little of the paynes grey with some tinting base, this is fab for making one colour into so many other shades depending on how much you mix,
The fence was painted with paynes grey too but straight from the bottle,

Feb colour theme picture


Happy Crafting!!
Hugs Liz xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh how fun Liz - it's SUPER. Reminds me of an old fish shack on a wharf for some reason. LOVE your colors.... goes perfectly with the mood board. What a WONDERFUL mixed media creation! j.