Saturday 5 December 2015

Christmas Stocking - Colour Theme

Hello Tando fans and welcome to another post from me, Lisa. Today I am sharing my colour theme creation. This months colour theme is very Christmassy. 
                                     
                                                     


For this challenge I wanted to do something related to Christmas but also do something a bit unusual. I decided on a plaque or what could be turned in to a wall hanging.

This is what I created... 



I started with a piece of MDF board to work on. I added some linen fabric, some ripped cardboard, some tape and ribbon to add some texture to the MDF.

I used the Tando Christmas Stocking as the centre piece and I used a palette knife to add DecoArt sand texture paste to give it more texture. 

I added some Tando Christmas Stocking mini's to repeat the Christmas theme down the right side. 


And added some different sized metal rings down the left side, again to create texture and introduce different shapes. 

I gave the whole thing a good coat of gesso then painted with DecoArt paints. 

I freehand cut the numbers 2 and 5 a couple of times and stuck them together. Then raided my huge box of embossing powders and chose a selection of colours - racing green, copper, red, gold and a white holographic. 



I first heat embossed the numbers using a mixture of the colours. I wanted the background to blend as one and the numbers to stand out so I made the '25' bright and shiny.

I then added some colours from the DecoArt Media Line

To finish, I added sprinkles of the different colours of embossing powder quite randomly then heated slowly. 


Here are all the items I used and are all available on the Tando Website. 

   Christmas Stocking                 Tando Mini's Christmas Stockings           DecoArt, Inc


I hope you like my take on this weeks colour theme. If you would like to join in with the challenge, you can find the link on the Tando Website


For more details and images of my creation, please visit my blog www.lisalisamakes.blogspot.co.uk


Thanks for stopping by, toodles for now, Lisa xxx 

No comments: