Wednesday 7 October 2015

October Colour Theme - 6X6 Ring Binder

Hi all,

I'm just loving the colour theme this month, so very rich and autumnal. Leaves just had to factor heavily of course............




I started by sticking multi-coloured skeleton leaves all over the front cover. A good layer of white gesso neutralised the coloured leaves (phew!) and 2 further coats of acrylic paint later and I was happy. I used a brayer to lightly add a contrasting layer of paint over the cover to highlight the details on the leaves and I'm so pleased with how this has turned out. A border of ribbon was added on the front cover as well as some lace on the spine. Hessian bows were added to the front to tie in with the lace.

Here is what I used.....

Ring binder with 6" x 6" inserts
6x6 Ring Binder



If you fancy playing along with any of our themes we would love to see what you come up with. There is a linky tool at the top of the page for you, if you fancy sharing your makes. Anything linked will go into the monthly draw and you will be in with a chance of winning some fab Tando goodies.

Many Thanks for popping by today.

Hugs 

Dawn x 

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is so pretty Dawn! I love the leaves x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

People don't use skeleton leaves enough and the lace just finishes it off.