Friday 7 August 2015

Colour theme Cave Painting By Dee

Hi everyone Dee here again with my take on the colour theme for
August. I was very lucky to have grown up in Africa
so when I started working on my Tando media board
the colours reminded me of the cave paintings 
we would see out in the bush.
I used all Deco Art media products again apart from the 3D 
translucent medium. 
Okay so I swished the yellow brown red and blue to both the ends of the
media board with my finger.
Next I used the distorted Hive stencil and put the 3D gel through. On one 
end I pushed glass beads into it while the gel was still wet.
I used texture sand paste, crackle paint & crackle paste .
I then got out my deco art antiquing creams in patina and burnt umber.
I used the patina over the gel medium and the followed this with the brown.
I knocked back with a damp rag and polished up with a dry rag.
I stamped the stick people with walnut stain distress ink and clear embossed
I used burnt umber fluid acrylic on the edges and clear embossed it.
well that's it for today I hope you all enjoyed this post please feel free 
to leave a comment or two.
 Cheers Dee x
Products Used
  1. Tando Creative Mixed Media Boards 74mm x 138mmhttp://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/-c-120_123.html
  2. Tando creative Distorted Hive Mask
  3. Deco Art Media painthttp://www.tando-creative.co.uk/catalog/-c-10_105.htmlRaw UmberTitan BuffTransparent Yellow Iron OxideYellow Oxide & Cobalt Turquoise.
  4. Media Antiquing: Patina Green & Raw Umber.
  5. Media: Texture Sand PasteWhite Crackle PAINTWhite Crackle PASTE,
  6. From my stash, stamp is very old non Sequitur Stamp, grease proof paper, 3D gel & wire.


7 comments:

Karen said...

Incredible work x

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! Stunning Dee ♥

Juliz Design Post said...

Fantastic project.
Julie x

Carol Plume said...

striking piece Dee...

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! Amazing! I love this Dee! :D

Jackie PN said...

Fabulous Dee! You really know how to create the texture!! Love love your scientific terms as well- swished! lol
xo

Words and Pictures said...

Astounding - that's just brilliant!
Alison x