Tuesday 16 June 2015

New Product - Gift Label for Bottles

For Anything Goes week this month I've got a new item and a change of background! I made this Gift Label at the annual retreat I go to with my arty friends. 




As I was away from home, I didn't have all my supplies, but I did have DecoArt's Chalk Finish paint in white and some Fluid Acrylics in ~{Quinacridone Magenta}~ and ~{Cobalt Turquoise}~ so I blended those onto the base and the label. I used white and black pens for doodles (I did go a bit mad with the pens!).

As I was sat next to Di, I 'borrowed' her DecoArt misters. I started off with ~{Turquoise Shimmer}~, but thought it was too dark, so I sprayed over the top with ~{White Shimmer}~. I dabbed at it whilst damp to remove some of the white. Once this was dry, I added DecoArt Crystal Glass and something weird happened: It crackled very finely!! There must have been some sort of reaction in the combination of ingredients, but I loved the effect!


Join in with us this month on any of our weekly themes by clicking ~{here}~ and you could win some Tando goodies.

Kaz xxx

1 comment:

Katie said...

Lovely bottle topper