Monday 11 May 2015

Peel it back...

Hi, Carol with you today…as its Monday we have a new theme…and this week the theme is:-

PEEL IT BACK..

so, the idea is, to peel back layers of chipboard… to be honest, due to the good quality of the chipboard used by Tando to create its product this is harder than it sounds… I decided to use an ATC and a couple of butterflies…. and I made this:-


I spritzed an atc with water and left it to soak in for about 10-15 minutes, I then gently separated the layers on the opposite corners and rolled back the chipboard…. I then rolled back the sides and other two corners and left to one side to dry overnight.


Here you can see my layered butterflies - I spritzed two butterflies from the butterfly grab bag and left to soak as before


I gently separated  the layers and rolled back the wings to give them shape - I left these over night to dry too… the next day the chipboard peel backs were rigid and so I gave them a light covering of acryllic paint, stamped the bottom of my atc and then stamped "wish" on the base.  the butterflies were outlined with a black pen and then given a coating of rock candy crackle paste before being adhered to the base… a touch of treasure gold was added to the edges and peel backs.

There are some other great Peel It Back projects lined up this week so do keep popping back and see what the DT have been up to…

If you fancy having a go at this weeks theme we would love to see it - if you link your blog using inlinz which can be found on the tab at the top of the page, you could also win yourself some fab Tando goodies..

TFL

3 comments:

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!! x

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant! LOVE your butterflies ♥

Dawn said...

Ooh Carol this is brilliant, love your layers my lovely xxxxxxxxxxxx