Thursday 26 February 2015

A Minion and a Half!

I have turned 2 of the ~{Straight Edged Small Arches}~ into minions.
 I was only going to show one of them because I had so much trouble with the second, but in the end I'm being brave! 


I painted the base colour with acrylic paint and then used some steel texture paste through the one of the circles in the ~{Random Circles Mask}~ and very carefully removed the centre of the paste. Once this was dry, I painted everything and did some doodling to get the right look.

The trouble started when I attempted to glue the nylon hair in place. It's actually part of a duster and, as you can see, it got everywhere. It didn't want to stick to the arch, but it certainly stuck to me and my desk. And my floor. And anything else with a slight electric charge to it. I gave up! It was meant to have much more hair on it so it was bushy like the proper evil minion and I was going to trim it up, but I'd had enough!! So excuse the fact that the hair is all wrong, but I did like his face!

Kaz xxx

9 comments:

Karen said...

Love Love these Kaz!!!!! x

Carol said...

Cool xx

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute and creative! I might have to make a set for my girls. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Karen Petitt said...

You've got me giggling - they are super cute and wonderfully done too - love them! Very clever alterations and such fun too, love them and want them! Thanks for sharing Karen x

Crafty Claire said...

Lol fabulous love them xx

Corrie Herriman said...

As a minion lover I can only say that they are awesome !
Corrie x

Dawn said...

Hee hee, these are amazing sweetie, love these guys x x x x x

Cocofolies said...

Hahahaha, this is fantastic Kaz!!!!! :D Coco x

Carol Plume said...

loving your minions and the arches are just the right shape for them… brill! xx