Monday 15 September 2014

Free For All Necklace.

For this week's Free For All I knew I wanted to use part of the ~{Leaf and Swirl Pendant Design}~ I just didn't know how or what colours!


I had a good rummage through my beads and found this crackle, foiled glass disc and went from there.

I first went with the Paperartsy Crackle paint, but the crackles were too tiny so I gave the pendant another coat of Bora Bora paint and when this was dry, used PVA glue and black paint. This gave the effect I wanted. The best thing about Tando chipboard is that it coped perfectly with me smoothering it with loads of products! No warping or splitting at all.

Once that was dried I applied Glossy Accents all over including the sides - this had to be done in stages, but it's worth the effort as it gives it a lovely finish.

Here's a close-up of the crackle:



I've connected everything with gunmetal coloured findings and black waxed cord.

Kaz xxx

3 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! This is really pretty Kaz x

Carol Plume said...

Kaz this is gorgeous xx

Anonymous said...

Really lovely Kaz, I bet your sister loves it! x