Saturday 13 July 2013

Book Cover Week - Admit One Album


Hi Tando fans! Dana here today sharing my "Admit One" album for the Book Covers theme this week. I started with a Neil Walker Geometric Book Cover Kit.


I added some fun texture to the base of my cover. I started by applying a layer of gesso, and once that was dry, crushed egg shells. If you'd like to try this technique I share my tutorial on a similar project HERE. I colored my cover with Radiant Rain Mist, Twinkling H2Os and Silks Acrylic Glaze.


I covered a stamped ticket with a Tim Holtz facet. As this will be my journal, I thought "Admit One" was a nicer way of saying "Keep Out!"


I added a flower and some charms to finish the cover.


I added a mix of watercolor, kraft and cardstock papers to the inside of the album and bound it with a piece of ribbon. The back cover is "naked." I decided to save the other set of geometric pieces for the cover of another album!


Here's Neil's version of the same album. You can find more of his amazing work on his blog Neelz Expressionz.


Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! x

Cocofolies said...

Oh Dana... Just like Karen, WOWWWWWWW !!!!!! And thank you for the link on your tutorial for the use of eggs, I will certainly try your technique one day !! :) xx

Carol Plume said...

Fab technique Dana - gorgeous cover xx

Words and Pictures said...

Yup, and another big WOW here too...!
Alison x

Kaz said...

This is fantastic, I just love what you did with the eggshells!! The colour is gorgeous too xx

Katherine said...

Love that technique Dana it is GORGEOUS :)

roc said...

Wonderful job!