Friday 10 August 2012

Arches, Tags and ATCs - Inky Tags


At my local craft group we have started making tags instead of ATCs to swap, so I decided to make 3 tags, that I would be able to use on a card or a page, using some of my favourite Tando pieces.

For the 1st I embossed one of the tango compasses - I used gold ink and silver embossing powder so it makes it a slightly bronze colour - I also added a little more golden ink over the top of the embossed compass to.

I love the hot air balloons so the effect on this one was done by stamping on the white side with a grid stamp and then using clear embossing powder.  I spritzed over the top with some cosmic shimmer in green and then went around the edge with some distress ink to add some shadow.  The final touch was some garden twine.  I used the diamond mask for the background too with a mix of red, yellow and orange mists.

The final tag I used started with the sequin waste mask, and spritzed some dark blue over it, I didn't like the colour with the kraft tag so I generally spritzed a peacock blue over all of it....and got this very subtle sequin waste effect for the background.  I then painted the chipboard stars yellow and sprinkled over some glitter whilst the paint was still wet.

Katherine











4 comments:

Angelnorth said...

Lovely tags! The effect on the hot air balloon looks fab, the gold/silver combo worked really well on the compass and I love the strings on the stars!

Karen said...

ooo these are fabulous, love all the texture x

Gez Butterworth said...

Gorgeous tags, the different elements all work so well together

Traceyr said...

What great tags and i like the effect of that diamond mask. :)