Thursday 7 July 2011

Day two of Tando week at the Craft Barn......

More from the Craft Barn today....many thanks again to Jane as I have lifted her blog post there.
Today is Gio's day!!!


Gio says...
"I altered a box to contain my sewing-machine threads.







I gessoed my box. I coloured every side with Distress Ink.
 To blend the different colours I spritzed some water on it.






I flicked drops of water from my hand on every side.




 I gessoed the Tando dressform.



 I put some drops of different alcohol ink on the craft sheet along with the blending solution.




I put the chipboard shape face down on the craft sheet.



I repeated the same thing with the other shapes.




I stamped the box with purple Staz-on and glued the chipboard shapes and some buttons.

For the inside I sewed a torso shape from a square of fabric (mine is from a rag),
 and stuffed to use as a pincushion".




Gio used -

Tando Creative - Sew Simple Set Small  
Tando Masks - Sequin Waste
Tando Masks - Stitches Group
Crafty Individuals - CI-306 - French corset
Crafty Individuals - CI-017 - Script 
StazOn - Royal Purple
Claudine Helmuth - Gesso


Wow!!  Isn't that clever???

And now for Gio's second project.....

a sweet little house!!




Gio covered the house with a page from an old book. 




She then painted over with Gesso.



Black StazOn was used to stamp over the Gesso.


Gio coloured the house with Distress Inks.
She used the foliage mask and a black Permanent Pen for the roof.

To finish, she added beads, images from Graphic45 paper pad and a metallic charm.

Gio used -

Tando Creative - Mini House Trio
Tando Masks - Leaves
Stampers Anonymous - Tim Holtz - Photograph ATC Stamp
Distress inks -  Black Soot, Tea Dye
Claudine Helmuth - Gesso
Tim Holtz Embellishments
StazOn - Black
Lace

Thank you Gio!!

Two very different projects!!!

DON'T FORGET ZOE'S FABULOUS CLASS STARTS TOMORROW, SEE YOU THEN :o)

1 comment:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

This is just amazing, with awesome instructions..nice!!!