Thursday 2 June 2011

Chopping up chipboard

After spending time with Di at a crafty retreat and seeing what she does, I've decided to be brave and chop bits of chipboard. I don't know why I didn't do it before as I often use little parts of stamps.
You will need a sharp scalpel as this is sturdy chipboard, but it cuts a dream and the edges don't fray or split.


I've used the ~{Harlequin Mask}~ on the base of the canvas with spray paint, something that hasn't always been successful, but these masks have worked really well for me. It laid perfectly flat with no gaps.

I took a butterfly from the ~{Butterfly Grab Bag}~ and chopped it's lower wings off - cruel aren't I? I embossed it using a symmetrical part of a Tim Holtz folder and then painted it.
Next I chopped the individual flowers from the ~{75mm Floral Row}~ and painted them with acrylic paint, then doodled them before sticking them and filling the centres with Viva Decor Gloss Gel.

Kaz xxx

3 comments:

Karen said...

YAY! this gives the chippie a whole new dimension doesn't it? I love this canvas sweetie! x

Zoechaos said...

Now where is my craft knife? Fabulous canvas love it XOXO Zoe

Di said...

This is adorable Kaz, I love it x