Saturday 5 February 2011

Winged Heart Card

This is the second project I've made from the ~{Valentine Symbols Set}~  that shows you can use the set all year round as well as in February!

I used the heart and winged heart together so there was some dimension to the card.


I covered the winged heart with text paper and then gave it a thin coat of gesso so the words were more subtle. Once it was dry I've edged it with brown ink. I've covered the heart with paper and filed the edges to blend the paper with the chipboard. I had painted the edges of both pieces with gesso first.
I then stuck them together and added them to the card.

Kaz xxx

4 comments:

Karen said...

Love this honey, perfect for you rDad xxx

Carol Plume said...

what a gorgeous card and its lovely to see other colours used for the heart and wings....

Hope your Dad has a great day xx

Di said...

Oh this is gorgeous Kaz and so clever that you've adapted a piece designed for Valentines. It's perfect for your Dads birthday. xx

Irit Shalom said...

Just a great card- lovely colors too