Friday 4 February 2011

Love photo frame

I've been playing with the ~{Valentine Symbols}~  set and have used the funky 'love' to decorate a photo frame.  I decided to use the 'less is more' style as what could show love more than a girl with her dog? This is my niece, Lucy, and my hairy niece Jessie!

I have painted the love using acrylic paint. I always take the extra time to paint the edges - if you do this I would advise you to paint the edges first and leave the front until last to give it a smoother finish.
I doodled around the letters to make them pop, then used a couple of layers of UTEE.
The frame itself is just a very cheap wood one painted with black acrylic paint.

I have another project with the same set tomorrow.

Kaz xxx

4 comments:

Karen said...

Less is more is definitely more in this case! Lucy's eyes really draw you don't they & Jessie looks sooo kind, bless her! Great frame for this xxx

Carol Plume said...

what a great photo and love the way the coloured love compliments Lucy's t-shirt...

Fab idea Kaz xx

Di said...

Oh this is fab, I agree with Carol, painting the letters the same colour as Lucy's t-shirt is perfect xx

Irit Shalom said...

What a great photo and so much LOVE