Tuesday 24 August 2010

Art journal cover

My art journal cover is an example how a chipboard shape can add an interest to any altered book cover.
I think the technique I used here is pretty unknown- for me at least.
This Tando creative chipboard corner was covered with clear crackle paint here and there only, after it was dry I sponged some Forest moss distress ink all over the piece and the crackled areas acted as resist - so now we got some bare crackled areas and some green inked ones.
Then I did another clear crackled paint layer all over the chipboard and the previous resist areas became slightly colored with some light green shade. I think the effect is intresting and new.. Then some white pearls were added for this vintage look of painted corner.
All other pieces were not a chipboard ones- but all of them were inked, stamped, glittered, covered with 3d glue and the " couple" piece is my own stamping on polymer clay covered with Pearl Ex powder.


4 comments:

tracy said...

thats very nice irit :)

Angelnorth said...

Fab book cover Irit, the corner piece looks almost like a bit of corroded iron fencing, love it!

Karen said...

WOW what a lovely effect that has given Irit. I love your journal cover XXX

Gez Butterworth said...

Oh wow! very pretty, touchy, feely. :)