Thursday 1 July 2010

Cracking pendant

Hello, Joanne here - I've been playing with one of the large pendant drops and some of my favourite paints to make a jewellery piece to share with you today. This is a lovely, elegant shape that would lend itself to all sorts of treatments.

I punched holes along the bottom edge of the piece with a Crop-a-Dile before coating in crackle paint and then used beads to nestle into the holes once the crackle was all done and I'd sponged some Precious Metal paint on there.

The threading hole at the top of the piece is quite large and would have looked good just left alone but I fancied an eyelet in there. As the hole was much larger than the shank of the eyelet, I squished the eyelet first and then glued it into place rather than trying to make it grip the sides of the hole.

A simple leather thong bound with some linen thread finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by! Full list of materials and colours is {here} on my blog for anyone who would like it.

7 comments:

tracy said...

i love it joanne :)

Di said...

Wow, this looks gorgeous Joanne, I just love the effect of the Viva Decor croco and precious metal paints. Fab use of the eyelet too xx

Karen said...

This is fabulous Joanne...the eyelet gives a lovely finish to it X

Kaz said...

That's beautiful Joanne, it's so different to anything you can buy. Love it! xx

ScrappyDandyDoo said...

Oooo its gorgeous!!! I really need some of that paint :D

Traceyr said...

Stunning Joanne - you wouldn't believe it started as chipboard.

:)

Kath said...

I love this Joanne. I would love a tutorial on how to use these paints if you have time.
Kath